What’s The Difference?
Although we are both considered quality mobile storage services, Taxibox storage provides a different range of services to MetroBOX. But we believe our storage services are better described as “full service” storage. Read on to find out why MetroBOX services are so different to what Taxibox offers…
A Few Reasons Full Service Storage Is Easier…
If you’re wondering why we describe MetroBOX mobile storage as more ‘full service’ storage, while Taxibox’s main service is ‘mobile self storage,’ you can check out the full comparison in the table at the bottom of this page. Or in summary:
- Professional Removalists: Our professional, in-house removalists will do all the heavy lifting and load / unload your MetroBOX storage units. With Taxibox, you do all the heavy lifting yourself (or you can hire a separate removalist company, which may cost a whole lot extra)
- Taxibox size: MetroBOXes hold 10m3 of your storage. The standard Taxibox storage unit size is smaller, holding up to 8m3.
- Faster: It only takes about an hour per MetroBOX to get your belongings into secure storage. Taxibox self-storage takes as long as you need to self-load your own storage, whether it be a few hours or a few weeks.
- Secure: Whether loading or storing, your MetroBOX is always supervised under our watchful eye.
- Free aids: With MetroBOX, you don’t need to hire moving trolleys or blankets – MetroBOX provides them for free!
- Free transport: All MetroBOX transport within metro areas is included in the low, fixed price!
- MetroBOX costs less: MetroBOX storage costs less per month, but that’s just the storage numbers. Why you really save with MetroBOX is because we also provide all the right moving equipment, such as furniture blankets and security straps, to secure your belongings so they don’t get shaken, move around or get damaged during transit. When a storage unit is mobile, making sure your belongings don’t get jumbled around on the back of the transport truck is of utmost importance!
Ready To Book Yourself an Awesome full-service MetroBOX?
MetroBOX is a relatively new storage company, but we grew out of a well-established (for over 20 years) and well-reputed professional moving and storage company, MetroMovers. The genius of MetroBOX is not just that we bring the storage unit to your address and transport it for you: that is not so unique.
The real advantage to choosing MetroBOX (or one of them) is that you will get your storage loaded on the spot by our own trusted, professional, trained and experienced removalists.
That means your belongings are never left unattended and your furniture will be professionally handled, wrapped and secured in place during transit. You also don’t have to strain yourself to lift and load up your belongings because our removalists are experienced enough to really maximise your (already bigger) storage space.
FYI: We also offer a self loading service, but only if you bring your belongings to our secure storage facility. If you’re ordering a MetroBOX delivery, it automatically comes with our full-service, professional removalists and storage services in one.
MetroBOX Gives You More:
Plus, with MetroBOX, you also get:
- Certification from the Self-Storage Association of Australia
- 24/7 security at our clean, indoor storage facilities
- Free access to your MetroBOX 6 days a week
Taxibox are one of the pioneers in the field of mobile storage and have certainly put in the hard yards to make sure mobile storage is fun, friendly and accessible. You can get your Taxibox costs in a quote directly online (like with MetroBOX) and they will deliver your Taxibox to wherever you need within their delivery zones.
Once they’ve delivered your Taxibox, in most cases they will leave it with you for however long you need to load up your belongings: whether it takes a day, a week or a month. You can take your sweet time! Alternatively, if you want quick storage, with Taxibox you can hire a second company of removalists to load up your Taxibox for you faster, but that requires a fair bit of additional coordination and expense. Then Taxibox can either transport your storage unit back to their storage facility (for a price) or, as is more often the case, leave it at your place as an onsite storage/ extra room for as long as you need. On site storage is a service that MetroBOX does not offer.
What Taxibox Storage Doesn’t Offer (That We Do)
Taxibox self-storage provide a great solution if you’re a fit, strong, young DIY type with some spare time on your hands. For the rest of us, hiring a Taxibox storage unit is less accessible.
MetroBOX will do all the heavy lifting for you, which means you don’t have to spend the time, money and effort moving all your belongings back and forth to try and see what will fit. One of the most common complaints we’ve heard about other mobile storage units is that once the storage is redelivered, that’s when the owners discover everything has been bounced, boggled and damaged in the transit process. MetroBOX also provide free furniture blankets and straps to ensure your belongings remain in position, steady and don’t get jumbled around while in transit.
Taxibox bring your storage unit and then unload it onto the street or into your front yard for you to load yourself. MetroBOXes are loaded straight onto our trucks, which means:
- The boxes stay stronger
- There is minimal shaking and movement
- No double handling of your belongings
- You don’t need to make space for MetroBOXes in your front yard or on the street
- Your belongings are always supervised and secure.
Plus, at MetroBOX our premium storage consultants will guide you through every step, which makes your life so much easier!
Compare Storage Companies: MetroBOX vs Taxibox Mobile Storage
Both MetroBOX and Taxibox have great websites where you can find most of the information easily enough, but if you’re debating which storage sizes, costs and general services would suit you best, we think you might appreciate this comparison table.
Note: This table compares storage between Taxibox and MetroBOX for one month duration and for 1 standard storage unit (as of date of research in May 2019).
|FREE pick up storage||YES||YES|
|FREE return of storage||YES||NO|
|Advanced notice of end of storage||3 days||7 – 14 days|
|Cancellation down payment forfeit period||2 days||7 days|
|Loading service||YES||YES – but only through a referred third party|
|Typical loading time||1 hour||3-4 hours if uninterrupted|
|Furniture blankets/ padding||FREE||Available to rent separately|
|Security straps / rope / trolleys and moving assistants||FREE||Available to rent separately|
|Secure warehouse storage||YES||YES|
|Free storage access||YES||YES|
|24/7 security surveillance||YES||Unknown: Not found on their website|
|Accredited by Self-Storage Association of Australasia||YES||YES|
|Storage insurance||YES – but only through a referred third party||YES – but only through a referred third party|
|Instant online quote||YES||YES|
|Standard storage unit dimensions||2.4m(H) x 2.3m(D) x 1.7m(W)||2.2m (H) x 2.4m (D) x 1.5 (W)|
|Standard storage unit internal space||10m3||8m3|
|Warehouse storage price for 1 month||$99||$129|
* All facts included in this page are openly stated on the respective company websites at the time of research in May 2019.
So What’s The Final Storage Comparison Verdict?
Taxibox mobile self-storage provides a truly great service and we love the challenge of having such a high standard of competition!
But MetroBOX full-service storage solution provides the easiest, fastest and the most convenient storage.